Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lake Belton--After All These Years!!

Greetings!

We have pulled in the RV to beautiful Lake Belton where years ago our boys and niece and nephew floated on inner tubes on some lazy summer days.

That was when my parents had a KarmelKorn Shoppe in the Temple Mall and we spent our vacation visiting with them.

I am drinking a Lone Star beer that Jerry bought in Belton, with this beautiful view outside my window.

It doesn't get much better than this.

I am also working on my little string blocks, trimming them while my pictures are loading. Hopefully, I will have a nice little set of blocks to set together when I am home again. When I get a bit further, I'll post some pictures of them.

Oh, BTW, we stopped in Waco where I made us some wraps for lunch. Of course, I made sure that we stopped in the parking lot of a quilt shop! I bought some Texas college prints. They will be really cute in my scrap quilts, because you don't know what you'll find in Wanda Gene's scrap quilts!



























I guess I'll just go sew!










Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment