Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Non-Stop Classes!

Hi Everybody!

Wow, have I been busy since MQS started!

Wednesday we spent the early part of the day at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. I am just in awe of the amazing painting masterpieces there. At 3PM I went over to MQS for the start of the show, where the quilts are also artistic.

Thursday I had three classes, for a total of seven hours. First, a three hour APQS maintenance class. This is the care and feeding of my brand of longarm machine. Very important! Then, two design classes. Jerry made a crock pot dinner for us.

Today I had my best class so far, with Deloa Jones as teacher, Sensational Sashes and Borders.
Here is a photo of the sampler that Deloa quilted as a demo for us:



Here is Deloa signing my book:




Jerry took me to a steak house that someone told him about called the Golden Ox. The food as excellent, but my favorite dish that they served us was a truly remarkable lobster bisque.















Here is a photo of the grilling kitchen:













Well, I want to get a little piecing done tonight so I'd better get to it!

Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment