Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Antiquing in Amarillo, Texas




Hi All--

We had a great day in Amarillo today. Aunt Mary knows where all the great thrift and antique stores are located, and we covered most of them. I bought lots of cotton plaid men's shirts for recycling into my quilts, and got GREAT prices on them--some as low as 99 cents.

I also visited a cute little quilt shop.. the Route 66 Quilts and Things. This is a fat quarter that I bought for a souvenir.

I also found something very unique....carved designs in wood blocks for printing on fabric. This was at a lovely antique shop where Jerry got to talk deep sea fishing with the owner. The designs were beautiful...some flowers, geometrics and paisleys. In the larger sizes they were a little bit pricy. However, I found two geometric designs in the smallest size for just $15 each!
There was a paisley that I was so tempted to buy, but it was $50.



We had lunch at the Big Texan Steak House where the food is mighty fine, pardner!

Yeager and the black and white kitty (appropriately named Placida) continue to get along fine and Yeager has even been allowed to come into Aunt Mary's living room to hang out with us and the kitty. Who would ever have guessed? Placida cannot stay away from Yeager...I think she has a crush on him!

Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment