Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Overrunning Its Wall

Hi everybody--

Blogger simply won't let me post any pictures today and it's making me grouchy. Why does it work sometimes but not now?

Anyway, Old Tobacco Road has simply outgrown its design wall. I had to do something, so we moved the dining room table sideways and out somewhat so that I can use the floor in there for a few days to compose the quilt.

Scrappy quilts have some great advantages. My favorite one is that they are never boring and you can look at them for a long time without seeing everything. Another great advantage is that you don't have to worry about running out of any one particular print.

But the thing about scrap quilts is that I like for my fabrics to be mixed up well enough in the quilt so that each print is not only not touching one like itself, but that they are well balanced. Hence a lot of time is spent composing. It is one of my favorite parts of making the quilt top. (If only I could show you the picture...grrrr!!!)

Soon my table will be back in its place and I will begin the first border. I still haven't settled on a color.

Genie


No comments:

Post a Comment