Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Naughty or Nice...It's All in How You Cut It!

Hey ya,

I've been sewing like blazes on these adorable red strippie triangles, and I am constantly having to "refresh" the selection with more and different prints and plaids.  I came across this cute bikini print with a pink background and started to cut it up.


I think I got this piece in a lot that I bought on E-bay.  E-bay is a great source for fabric and if you're careful you can get great prices.  I sometimes bid on mixed lots of quilting cotton, either in lengths or large remnants.   Be forewarned, sometimes you can be disappointed, because it is hard to evaluate the quality of fabric from a picture.   This came in a large piece, about 1 1/2 yards.  I used most of it on the back of a quilt that I pieced.  A couple of strips were left over.


Risque quilting fabric--its all in the cutting!





This strip really made me laugh when I actually got a good look at it.  This is a very long strip with nothing on it but bikini crotches......LOL!  There is no way that I will ever be able to use this in a quilt!  I think if I cut it narrow enough to make the bikini bottoms unrecognizable it would be too narrow to piece together!

I guess  I could cut it into pieces and use it to clean the dust off of my sewing machines!



No comments:

Post a Comment