Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Little Oddments in My Life

Hey--

I seem to be going at top speed this week but without any particular focus.  Where is my time going anyway?  It doesn't seem like I got any one thing done.  So it often makes me feel better about this state of affairs by listing the oddments, or bits that have kept me rushing around lately.  I think I'll use a bullet list.  I just like bullet lists.  They make me feel more organized than I really am.


  • I have been kitting up quilting projects for my upcoming trip to Quartzsite, Arizona.  We leave in a few days and I want to have plenty of piecing to do out there in the desert.  We go with our Amateur Radio group every year in January.  Potlucks and cast-iron cooking over a really big fire are the order of the week.  Jerry always plans a new recipe....this year he is doing a marinated barbequed tri-tip.
  • I took my Mother to over the hill to the big Kaiser facility twice in one week.  One was a class on how kidneys work.  I didn't see any place to sign in, just picked up the information folder.  Sure enough, yesterday I received a letter saying we missed our class and that we need to show up for the next one!
  • My son Jeff and his family came over for dinner on Friday.  We had a beautiful dinner cooked by my DH and a wonderful visit.
  • I have been putting the finishing touches on a gorgeous client quilt made of batiks pieced into spikey-pointed stars.
  • I have been brushing Ondie every day because he has been "blowing" coat for about a month.  My "German shedder" must think we are in for an early and hot summer!

But what is a blog without some pictures, hey?








 This is the start of a quilt from one of Bonnie Hunter's books that I started on my retreat.  I saved it for Quartzsite because it is already kitted up nicely.




These are ALL the units for Bonnie's Orca Bay Mystery that I plan to assemble on my trip.


I am hoping to have the top done in time to take it to the Glendale Quilt Show where I am taking classes with Bonnie!














After very enthusiastic greetings, Jonah's next words to me are always, "Grandma, I'm bored."  Then he lets out a long, miserable sigh.  That is the signal to get out Grandma's toy chest!  Boredom is relieved for the rest of the evening!







Jonah brought me these yellow roses.  This is a young man who already knows the way to a Grandma's heart!




Jerry made this delightful antipasto salad to go with our spaghetti with three-meat sauce.

Before I close I want to include a shot of the quilt I'm finishing .




This was taken when it was on my dining room table being trimmed.  I will try to get a shot of the whole quilt.  Doesn't she have an amazing color sense?






No comments:

Post a Comment