Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Camping Among the Saquaros

Hi Y'all--

We are out here at Quartzsite in the middle of nowhere (it is a very good thing that they do have a name for this place because otherwise people WOULD just call it the middle of nowhere).  And we are all happy and busy.  How can this be?

Well, I have my sewing machine (with plenty of generator and battery power).  Jerry brought what he even calls Genie's Generator, a sweet-sounding Honda that keeps my sewing machine, iron and computor running fine.  Jerry has the shops and tents where he loves to shop.  We both have our friends from Tucson who also have their RV's out here.  Ondie's having fun being outside hanging with DH and our friends.

More people should be arriving today.  Right now it is just us and two other couples in our little wagon circle, but of course there are other RV's all around us.  Everywhere.  And I mean it, everywhere.

 

This is the view outside my door.  You can see the dark clouds forming...we think we'll get some rain today.  I just hope it won't be like last year's gale-force wind and rain.





I took this shot of my  Ondie.  He will be two years old in April. I don't believe where these months of his puppyhood have gone!  It seems like just yesterday he was a tiny little fluffball.    Not anymore!





I love the back counter of our fifth wheel RV for my sewing machine.  Here is where I have been piecing together the units from Bonnie Hunter's Orca Bay Mystery quilt.  After the mystery was revealed, I had to set it aside for a while to concentrate on some other things, including getting ready for this trip.  Now I'm sewin with a hot needle and lovin it!





Did I mention that I signed up for two Bonnie Hunter classes at the Glendale Quilt Show in March?  I am so looking forward to it.  Wouldn't it be fun if I can have this top done in time to take it with me for a little show and tell?


Genie 

No comments:

Post a Comment