One year ago when I was camping out here in Quartzsite, my 5 day project was to make a funky little Teapotz wallhanging (a la Jan Mullen, a very talented quilter from down under). With the (...ahem) odds and ends that have been occupying me since then, I did not make it any farther with the project than the little quilt body that you saw last January. So today was the day for some progress.
|Little teapots fabric goes in the first border!|
It doesn't show up really well here, but I found some fabric with cute little teapots at a thrift store, of all places! I immediately knew what to do with this fabric. A closer shot:
|There are teapots and teacups in this small-scale print|
Here is an in-progress shot as I added borders:
|The second border goes on|
|Here's the finished quilt top!|
I plan on using this for a grab-n-go hand quilting project for when whenever machine piecing and quilting just won't work. Mmmm...looking forward to some hand piecing evenings!