Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Last Year's Teapotz Revisited

Hi Folks,

One year ago when I was camping out here in Quartzsite, my 5 day project was to make a funky little Teapotz wallhanging (a la Jan Mullen, a very talented quilter from down under).  With the (...ahem) odds and ends that have been occupying me since then, I did not make it any farther with the project than the little quilt body that you saw last January.  So today was the day for some progress.

Little teapots fabric goes in the first border!  

It doesn't show up really well here, but I found some fabric with cute little teapots at a thrift store,  of all places!  I immediately knew what to do with this fabric.  A closer shot:


There are teapots and teacups in this small-scale print  

Here is an in-progress shot as I added borders:


The second border goes on  


Here's the finished quilt top!

I plan on using this for a grab-n-go hand quilting project for when whenever machine piecing and quilting just won't work.  Mmmm...looking forward to some hand piecing evenings!


Genie

1 comment:

  1. I love the way this quilt turned out -- cute, scrappy & yet cohesive.

    ReplyDelete