Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Hi,

Remember me?  I'm the Wanda Gene who quilts (or Wanda or Genie, I answer to any and all of these), but who has not been blogging for a very long time.

I also have not been quilting during this time.  I have had things I could have blogged about but no time or DSL.  Really...no...time.

We have been fixing up the Simi Valley house.  It will be a retirement house for us when a number of projects are completed, but just not for the time being.  Right now it is a great base from which to visit our kids and grand-kids.  We also hope to get back to our previous adventures of traveling across our beloved USA soon.

My Mother is settled into a group home and I bring her home with us every weekend that we are in town.
She gets to be a part of all the family get-togethers.

All of this is easier to talk about than it was to actually do.  So quilting went out the window.

Until this past week.

Bonnie Hunter, the inspiring Queen of Quiltville, has got this old gal quiltin' again!  I took two classes with her at Road to California and it was WONDERFUL!  My class projects were two of the free patterns that have been on her website for some time but I had not gotten around to making either of then.  They are Jared Takes a Wife (using the Blackford's Beauty block) and Star Struck.  We had so much fun, just sewing away with no men asking for help with things!

Chains of fabric strips!

Sunday's class was Bonnie's birthday, complete with a fabulous cake.

Happy birthday, Bonnie

So today I am out in Quartzsite for our annual campout with our ham radio group and I am in Piecing Heaven!  Among my several projects:

 
My four patches--a leaders and enders project









I brought these four patches that I had made with no particular project in mind at the time.

 
Then I turned them into these....

Blackford's Beauty block



This is the full block that I completed as a sample block in class.  Since then I have been concentrating on building the units assembly-line fashion.  Woo-hoo, my needle is hot!

Tomorrow, another project.

Genie

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you are back :-). I've been keeping an eye out for more posts.

    ReplyDelete