Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

New House Bliss!!!

Hi Everybody,

I know that I haven't posted for a while, and I feel guilty about it every time it comes to mind, but you know it isn't every day that my fondest dream comes true.  Yes, my dream of having a house in glorious Southern Cal and living the good life surrounded by lush greenery is now real..

You know that house that I posted about eight months ago., the one where the sellers had to find their next house before selling theirs to us?  They finally found their house!  Even after we received the news, I wouldn't really let myself believe our good fortune until the day escrow closed.  But it did....on April 21.

Since then we have been Simi Valley working on the house, replacing light bulbs with energy efficient ones, reinforcing closet shelves, and getting bids on the workshop that Jerry wants out back.  The workshop is the only major project for now.

I have been getting some piecing done on my plaid Smokey Mountain Stars just to keep from going into withdrawal....that would be no fun, to be in paradise but not able to sew.

I'll keep you posted on when we get to actually move, but in the meantime we will be visiting often.  And getting to see the grandkids every time we come out.


Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment