Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Some Finished Pretties!

Hi out there to all quilters or those just thinking about doing some quilting someday--

I haven't spent the entire 3+ weeks slaving over this computer.  (Just seems like it.)  No, I have actually been logging in some time with my other computer--the talented lady Electra.

We have finished three customer quilts together lately.  The first is a quilt destined for the grandson of the lady who made the top.   He lives on a ranch and is receiving the quilt as a high school graduation gift.  I didn't get a whole-quilt pic of it finished, but I do have this one of it on the frame:

 



Here are two more hot off the quilting frame:



I don't have a very good setup for photographing  my quilts, so I have to prevail upon DH Jerry and our neighbor Hank,  who was over here the other day, to hold up the top edges of the quilts.  (They're tall and can get the quilt high enough up off the floor while I snap the picture.

I have been considering some other setup lately.  I  might use a wall-mount with heavy duty office clamps.  It would be really nice have a photo of every quilt before it leaves my studio.  And I know you like quilt pictures as much as I do!

Another project of mine has been to take screenshots of all my panto patterns for this website and also for a 3-ring binder notebook.  The notebook patterns are 8 1/2 X 11" so they are really easy see in detail.   I'm surprised how many I've accumulated so far!  I just keep seeing more that I want to order, then another, and another....well, you get the idea that I have a hopeless habit for patterns.

Some have that problem with fabric or thread.....Oh, I guess that's me too!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment