Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Further Adventures with Orca Bay

Wow--

I have been coming along with my little blue strippies.  At least these pieces are 3 1/2" (but finish at 3").
These are really fun to make...and I have  made 72 easily before feeling the need to switch to something different.  Here are my blue strippies:



In the pic they are not yet trimmed but now they are.  I am in the process of removing the paper foundations also.

Now I can go back and finish last week's step.  I had about 3/4 of the first week's units finished when putting on Thanksgiving Day dinner for 15 relatives and friends slowed me down, quilting-wise.

You know, it's funny, I have been working on some little crumb blocks that remind me of these blue strippies.



The crumb units are also 3 1/2" unfinished and I used 4 to each block.  These were made for my Doctor Who quilt.  It is sashed and bordered in TARDIS blue.  As soon as I get it bound and photographed I will share it with you.

Many thanks to Bonnie for her Orca Bay Mystery Quilt


.
 

4 comments:

  1. Aren't those string blocks fun to make? I could have kept sewing!

    I like what you've done with sashing your crumb blocks, I have a lot of them pieced and waiting for just the right project. I do these when I don't want to think too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. String blocks finished and the QSTs nearly there. You'll soon be itching to see clue 3! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are very cute, love the plaids, and the crumb blocks are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The variety in string blocks is just wonderful - yours look great.

    ReplyDelete