Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Sophisticated Beauty in Black, White and Red

Hi Everybody--

This beautiful quilt was pieced by my neighbor and quilting customer, Sharon Davis. I quilted it for her on my longarm machine, using the quilt pattern Pizazz that I showed in my last post. I tried it out on my own quilt first because I was so nervous about using the IQ (Intelliquilter) on a customer quilt.

Well, it came out great on both quilts!

I wasn't nervous about the IQ's abilities so much as the possibility of "user error". But the IQ is turning
out to be very intuitive and easy to learn .

We are getting ready for another road trip with the 5th wheel. Departure is next Tuesday and we'll be gone for a month. Three weeks in California with our kids and their kids, then a week in .....Quartzsite? But why, you ask? Why would anyone go to Quartzsite? Well, it's not for the scenery. But it is for the fellowship of our fellow ham radio enthusiasts and their families. We have potlucks and visit with one another. Oh, I almost forgot! I do a lot of piecing! Yay!!

Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment