Wanda Gene's Musings on Life, Love and Loving the Quilting Life!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Classes with Bonnie Hunter

Hi Folks--

I just registered for some classes at Road to California in Ontario, CA in January and I am so thrilled to get classes with Bonnie Hunter.  I follow her blog and have been using her scrap organization system for almost three years.  I have made about a half a dozen of her designs and have plans to make more....maybe all of them!  I am taking the Star Struck class (that was on my to-do list anyway) and Jared Takes a Wife.  These were not my first choices (Bonnie is teaching several other classes), because some were already closed.

I have already signed up to be a teacher's helper in one of the classes.  Should be fun!  You know, I can follow written directions just fine, but the workshop experience is exciting and inspiring.  I love to look at what my fellow quilters in class are doing for their interpretation of the design.  Every quilt is unique in its own way.

I am also very excited about meeting Bonnie for the first time.  Since I live in the West, I have not had that opportunity in the past, so when I read that she was coming to California, I jumped at the chance. 

DH Jerry's Mom lives nearby, so I also have a place to stay.  I can't ask for more convenience than that!

I have been to Road2ca several times and it one of the major events in the quilting world.  If you ever get a chance to go, you won't be sorry!



No comments:

Post a Comment